Backend Python Engineer
New York, NY, United States
Job TitleBackend Python Engineer
This position is within our data analytics team for a professional Python developer. A successful candidate would collaborate closely with data scientists to help launch new data models, support and scale as necessary existing code in production. To match the company’s fast growth, we seek candidates who are self-starters ready to adopt new goals and learn new tools to write more optimal and efficient code.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years of experience in software development in production environments
- Fluent knowledge of Python, and experience in developing big data pipelines
- Knowledge and understanding of data structures, parallelism and mapreduce
- Experience designing for scalability and understanding tradeoffs specific to data science
- Understanding the full software development life cycle in an agile environment
- Experience with version control systems, git, and continuous integration.
About the Company
Prescriptive Data, a New York City based Technology company, is focused on creating more energy efficient, smarter commercial and residential buildings via our software Nantum. Nantum is a cloud based, secure building operating system that works in conjunction with an existing Building Management System (BMS) to optimize energy consumption and save money while increasing tenant comfort. With the help of our state of the art, cloud based architecture, our building onboarding takes place within days while simultaneously minimizing hardware costs.