Senior Python Backend Developer (Ethereum Blockchain / Trustlines Network)
Job TitleSenior Python Backend Developer (Ethereum Blockchain / Trustlines Network)
The Trustlines Network solves the problem of fair access to money in blockchain based payment systems. It takes the original Ripple approach where money is implemented as a network of IOUs based on existing trust relationships on the social graph.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop the Trustlines Network protocol, the smart contract framework as well as the pathfinding helper service.
- Work in one of the most exciting spaces of applied Computer Science
- Build a system which has the potential to provide a significant update to our financial system
- Contribute to an open source codebase, and have the ability to show results of your work to anyone in the world.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Who we are looking for:
- A few years of industry experience, in at least another software company before joining brainbot.
- Preferably with experience in distributed systems or database engineering, especially experience with blockchain technology and the Ethereum stack is a plus.
- Adequate experience with: Python, git, Linux, networking, experience with a system programming language. Preferably you have some other open source contributions or pet projects you can point to.
- You take ownership of what you are working on, feel responsible for it and are able to deliver without constant supervision. You are a team player who can communicate fluently in spoken and written English. German language proficiency is a plus
- You participate in code reviews and feel comfortable in an agile development process
- You are proactive and independent and have a optimistic, honest, passionate, contrarian personality.
About the Company
brainbot technologies is a blockchain development studio, creating the core building blocks to scale the technology towards broad adoption of public blockchain systems.
What we can offer:
We are a fast-growing international company headquartered in Mainz, Germany. Our projects are based on new and challenging technology in an exciting ecosystem and aim to have a significant impact on society. Join our small global team to work on the revolutionary technology of Turing complete blockchains while enjoying the startup flair, flat hierarchies and a flexible working schedule. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org