Data focused Software Engineer
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Job TitleData focused Software Engineer
We’re looking for a software engineer to become part of our Product Service team in Munich. You are also interested in learning more about machine learning, big data handling and statistics to improve user experience? Then Stylight is the place to be for you!
- Build data applications that bring the best products and pages to our users.
- Learn about machine learning and statistics to apply these methods in your daily work.
- Contribute new ideas how we can improve our systems.
- Our objective is to find and show the most relevant product to our users with a low latency.
- Work together with backend developers and your product owner to launch new features and prototypes
in short development cycles of 2 to 4 weeks * We do work in Kanban, visualize our tasks on analog boards, and do pair-programming to foster knowledge sharing. * We <3 Slack. We have our own bot and have integrated our toolchain (CircleCI, Datadog, PagerDuty…).
Why Join Stylight?
We asked your future colleagues, here are their top responses:
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us.
- International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 400 attendees.
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany)
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten.
- For more information check out: http://tech.stylight.com/
Up for the Challenge?
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then do not hesitate and apply today. We are looking forward to receiving your complete application! Your contact: Carina Meyer.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- You have at least 2 years of experience in software development.
- You feel comfortable in Python.
- Having experience with tools to process large scale, sparse datasets is a plus (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Hive).
- You are interested in learning new technologies and topics.
About the Company
Stylight is the leading Style and Shopping Guide, providing more than 10 million users per month worldwide with inspiring shopping experience. Stylight combines digital fashion, beauty, home & living and lifestyle content with curated online shopping. With the seamless affiliation to over 800 partner shops, Stylight’s inspiring content becomes instantly shoppable. The Style and Shopping platform therefore encourages it's users to refine their style everyday. The headquarters of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE subsidiary is in Munich along with international offices in both Philadelphia (U.S) and London (UK) and is present in 17 countries worldwide. For more information visit: http://www.stylight.com or our tech blog (http://tech.stylight.com/)
We are looking for engineers who want to make an impact. We’re a fashion company but you won’t have to wear the latest Karl Lagerfeld. A hoodie or your favorite Docker shirt will do just fine. You don’t even need to like fashion at all, but a certain admiration for Ken Thompson, Rob Pike or Martin Fowler is always appreciated. You don’t speak German? No big deal, we use English as our main language.
- Contact: Carina Meyer
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://jobs.stylight.com/jobs/?job_position_id=16381&_pc=6315