Senior Data Scientist
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Job TitleSenior Data Scientist
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to become part of our outstanding team in Munich. Along with your colleagues you are responsible for optimizing the algorithms which power our search results and product recommendations. If you want to get your hands on large datasets and discover the best products for our clients - then Stylight is the place to be for you!
- You come up with new strategies how to generate insights from our data.
- You implement prototypes for product recommendations and ranking on search pages.
- You evaluate advances in scientific literature if adaptable to our use cases.
- You contribute new ideas on how to improve the user experience at Stylight.
- Our objective is to find and show the most relevant product to our users with a low latency.
- The Product Service Team consists of data analysts and backend engineers.
- We do work in Kanban, visualize our tasks on analog boards, and do pair-programming to foster knowledge sharing.
- We <3 Slack. We have our own bot and have integrated our toolchain (CircleCI, Datadog, PagerDuty…).
Why Join Stylight?
We asked your future colleagues, here are their top responses: * Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community. * We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us. * International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female. * We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 400 attendees. * We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany) * Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten. * For more information check out: http://tech.stylight.com/
Up for the Challenge?
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then do not hesitate and apply today. Your contact: Carina Meyer
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Although we’re interested in your background, we’re much more interested in what you’re able to do! As the first step of our hiring process, we will send you a task, that will already give you a short glimpse into what your daily life @ Stylight could look like!
- You have a solid background doing quantitative analysis and a degree in engineering, mathematics or fields with a solid foundation in analytics.
- While we value academic experience, we’re specifically looking for candidates that have at least 2 years of experience in the private sector.
- You feel comfortable digging through data using python, R or MATLAB
- You are experienced with machine learning algorithms and modeling.
- Having experience with tools to process large scale, sparse datasets is a plus (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Hive).
- You have previously brought scientific findings to production.
- You have working coding knowledge sufficient to build prototypes and analyse large data sets.
About the Company
Stylight is the leading Style and Shopping Guide, providing more than 10 million users per month worldwide with inspiring shopping experience. Stylight combines digital fashion, beauty, home & living and lifestyle content with curated online shopping. With the seamless affiliation to over 800 partner shops, Stylight’s inspiring content becomes instantly shoppable. The Style and Shopping platform therefore encourages it's users to refine their style everyday. The headquarters of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE subsidiary is in Munich along with international offices in both Philadelphia (U.S) and London (UK) and is present in 17 countries worldwide. For more information visit: http://www.stylight.com or our tech blog (http://tech.stylight.com/)
- Contact: Carina Meyer
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: http://jobs.stylight.com/senior-data-scientist/?_pc=6315