Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps
Sidney, New South Wales, Australia
Job TitleSite Reliability Engineer/DevOps
Start date: according to mutual agreement (approx. June/July 2017) Location: Australia, Switzerland or UK
The prospect of working as part of a team to advance the Divio Cloud platform makes your heart beat faster. As our Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps, the overall performance and reliability of the cloud infrastructure will be in your hands and with it the responsibility for all aspects of security, stability, performance and cost-effectiveness of the platform and its related components.
You’ll participate in product meetings and consult with the team on priorities. As an experienced Engineer you’ve mastered professional programming skills, and you produce fully functional programs writing clean, tested code. Your output is of a very high standard, which means you have checked, tested and reviewed your own work, and you are aware of the unpredictable.
In close collaboration with the team you’ll create robust solutions that follow security principles. You’re able to work independently, to manage and monitor your own work, and understand the value of going the extra mile in your work. Together with the team, you’ll manage the entire software development life cycle, end to end and you’ll swiftly answer queries from clients with prioritised support contracts. Since you strongly care about results, you deliver your work and achieve your objectives within the given time and budget.
Your proactive nature makes it easy for you to anticipate problems and communicate any risks at an early stage. As a Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps you act wisely and with foresight, you think entrepreneurially, make accurate estimations, and assess the consequences of your actions thoroughly.
If you’re looking for a challenging cloud platform to work on and a position that offers true responsibilities and a great team to be a part of, then this is the perfect place for you.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Above all, you need to really care about what we do and you are able to contribute to our ambitious aims.
- Very good expertise in programming with Python
- Very good Linux system administration and optimisation knowledge
- Very good knowledge of the TCP/IP network stack (including UDP)
- Very good knowledge of web-related protocols (HTTP, TLS, DNS,...) and load-balancing thereof
- Very good knowledge of Docker and related technologies (experience with Swarm/Kubernetes advantageous)
- Experience working with different IaaS providers (AWS, Rackspace,...)
- Experience with backing services such as Postgres (required), Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch, including setup, administration, scaling and monitoring thereof
- Experience working with configuration management software such as Ansible (preferred), Salt, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with zero-downtime deployment of complex web applications
- Experience with Django or other Python-based web frameworks (experience with django CMS is a plus)
- Familiarity with git
- Very professional in the contact with clients and a high degree of empathy to assess their concerns properly and rapidly
- Extremely reliable character, able to work independently and to cope with pressure
- A team player, experienced in working in intercultural and geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (German advantageous)
Furthermore, depending on the work location, applicants must have a valid permit to work either in Australia, Switzerland or the UK.
About the Company
Divio has placed Django software in the hands of literally thousands of users across the world, through the Divio Cloud platform and the open-source django CMS. Our company offers world-class services and tools that empower agencies, developers and organisations to build high-value and sustainable online presences and experiences.
- Contact: Daniela Streuli
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.divio.com/en/company/careers/backend/site-reliability-engineer-100/