Python Developer/Data Engineer
Milan, Milan, Italy
Job TitlePython Developer/Data Engineer
TheOutplay is looking for a Python Developer/Data Engineer to join our new data engineering team in our Milan office, and help us keep up with growing business demands.
As a data engineer at TheOutplay, you will help us manage the millions of events generated by our videoplayer daily, with which we provide analytics data and revenue reports to customers, and support internal business intelligence requirements. You will:
- Share responsibility for keeping our ETL pipeline running smoothly to provide near-realtime data (95% Python codebase, the rest Node.js)
- Generate revenue and analytic reports for customers, and help us make this process more automated in the future
- Collaborate with the product manager and business team to generate custom reports and analyses
- Write and maintain data-related microservice APIs that serve our customer-facing application
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions as we respond to changing business requirements and scale up.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You work well independently, with a sense of responsibility and ownership of your work
- You love data -- you might not have a lot of experience (yet), but you’re excited about the sometimes-messy work of managing our increasingly large dataset
- You must be able to communicate in English (no need for perfection, but we work in English)
Nice to have, but not required:
- You have experience working with large datasets
- You have experience with some of the technologies we use (Elasticsearch, Redis, docker), or with other data engineering technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, ...)
- You have some devops or system administration experience
- You have some previous ad industry experience
About the Company
TheOutplay is an international media and advertising company that offers a unique and innovative solution to both brands and publishers for video advertising. Our platform places content and technology at the heart of the digital advertising spend, enabling better streamlined and optimized models for Advertisers, Media Agencies, Content Owners and Publishers.
We are a young, quickly growing startup, and we are excited about the work we do, but we also take work/life balance seriously. We have our own interests and we do not want to work weekends, and we do not expect you to either. We usually work in the office, but we’re flexible about working from home as you need to.