2017 Summer Django Web Development Intern
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Job Title2017 Summer Django Web Development Intern
Come be a part of a small team of developers and designers passionate about creating fun and interactive web applications. Caktus is looking for someone who is excited about emerging technologies, creating compelling web applications and enjoys writing Python. As a member of the Caktus team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of development, from brainstorming, to prototyping, to front-end HTML/CSS and Django development. You’ll learn and collaborate directly with a great group of talented developers and designers.
This summer experience includes:
- Position: A 12-week full-time summer internship in Durham, NC
- Exposure: Great experience and education in current web development techniques and technologies.
- Mentorship: At Caktus, you’ll get to work with some of the best and brightest minds in the local web development community
As a Django Web Developer Intern, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the development team to learn about the Caktus development process
- Become familiar with using current distributed version control systems (e.g. git and mercurial) effectively in a team environment
- Become proficient in configuring development environments running Django projects
- Model and implement intricate data structures using relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Write custom Django apps following client specifications with the Caktus team
- Work on internal Caktus projects and participate in design and code reviews
- Implement responsive and mobile designs for a variety of devices
- Follow agile development methodologies and take part in weekly team scrums and standup meetings
- Participate in company-wide experimental coding day
It is the policy of Caktus to provide equal employment for all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, body, genetic information, marital status, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
Caktus uses a standardized and equitable method to calculate salaries. Salaries are predetermined by a formula, which incorporates market rates, cost of living, candidate experience, and years with the company. They are standardized team-wide and are non-negotiable. For this position, we’re seeking a Level 1 with an hourly rate of $18.00 per hour.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
We’d love to meet someone who:
- Is excited to work with HTML5 and CSS3
- Is familiar with Django or other Python web frameworks
- Actively uses Github or BitBucket to collaborate and share code
- Submit your application via our website
- Cover letter required
About the Company
Caktus builds web and mobile apps with Django. We’ve built over 100 custom solutions that have reached more than 70 million people globally. Join our sharp team and be part of an open, collaborative culture that puts quality at the heart of each project. We’re passionate about solving complex challenges especially when they have a social impact. In addition to building the world’s first SMS voter registration project in Libya, we’ve also built applications for InDemand, Discovery, PBS, Mozilla, and UNICEF.