Release Date: 2018-06-11
This is the release candidate of Python 3.7.0
This release, 3.7.0rc1, is the final planned release preview. Assuming no critical problems are found prior to 2018-06-27, the scheduled release date for 3.7.0, no code changes are planned between this release candidate and the final release.
Among the major new features in Python 3.7 are:
- PEP 538, Coercing the legacy C locale to a UTF-8 based locale
- PEP 539, A New C-API for Thread-Local Storage in CPython
- PEP 540, UTF-8 mode
- PEP 552, Deterministic pyc
- PEP 553, Built-in breakpoint()
- PEP 557, Data Classes
- PEP 560, Core support for typing module and generic types
- PEP 562, Module __getattr__ and __dir__
- PEP 563, Postponed Evaluation of Annotations
- PEP 564, Time functions with nanosecond resolution
- PEP 565, Show DeprecationWarning in __main__
- PEP 567, Context Variables
Please see What’s New In Python 3.7 for more information.
This release candidate is intended to give the wider community the opportunity to test the new features and bug fixes in 3.7.0 and to prepare their projects to support it. We strongly encourage maintainers of third-party Python projects to test with the 3.7.0 release candidate and report issues found to the Python bug tracker as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that this release candidate is still a preview release and, as such, its use is not recommended for production environments.
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".)
- There are now "web-based" installers for Windows platforms; the installer will download the needed software components at installation time.
- There are redistributable zip files containing the Windows builds, making it easy to redistribute Python as part of another software package. Please see the documentation regarding Embedded Distribution for more information.
- For 3.7.0, we are providing two binary installer options for download. The new preferred variant is 64-bit-only and works on macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) and later systems. We also continue to provide a 64-bit/32-bit variant that works on all versions of macOS from 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on. Both variants now come with batteries-included versions oF Tcl/Tk 8.6 for users of IDLE and other tkinter-based GUI applications; third-party and system versions of Tcl/Tk are no longer used. Consider using the new 10.9 64-bit-only installer variant, unless you are building Python applications that also need to work on older macOS systems.
- Both python.org installer variants include private copies of OpenSSL 1.1.0. Please carefully read the Important Information displayed during installation for information about SSL/TLS certificate validation and the Install Certificates.command.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||97c461bb339888f16d524cece9d27021||22705833||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||de8b44e3c94d0144768e923b6ab87c53||16922324||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit/32-bit installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||0ce2399f27adc0fa9e49b04d0664c2fc||34225340||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit installer||Mac OS X||for OS X 10.9 and later||7e39c15f830bdedd8d960ff65da92d44||27602099||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||eb72c51a5160fd01ae53ff260885ab86||8481128||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 embeddable zip file||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||51379841e99329250301caa0a51225aa||6945613||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 executable installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||7a9f4b7d84ff0550677dd8adf605fe1c||26191712||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 web-based installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||90a0d62e6a9a19f39c9fb72844c2746d||1327800||SIG|
|Windows x86 embeddable zip file||Windows||b8c344fc180ad393d729c22f8329e879||6396175||SIG|
|Windows x86 executable installer||Windows||5f6947e1699f531848b1154e93141033||25435656||SIG|
|Windows x86 web-based installer||Windows||c1024c825f3610321c93352560888cff||1298896||SIG|