Python 3.1.1 has been superseded by 3.1.2. You can download 3.1.2.
Python 3.1.1 was released on August 17th, 2009.
Python 3.1 is a continuation of the work started by Python 3.0, the new backwards-incompatible series of Python. Improvements in this release include:
- An ordered dictionary type
- Various optimizations to the int type
- New unittest features including test skipping and new assert methods.
- A much faster io module
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A pure Python reference implementation of the import statement
- New syntax for nested with statements
See these resources for further information:
- What's New in 3.1?
- What's new in Python 3000
- Python 3.1.1 Change Log
- Online Documentation
- Conversion tool for Python 2.x code: 2to3
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
Help fund Python and its community by donating to the Python Software Foundation.
This is a production release.
We currently support these formats for download:
- Gzipped source tar ball (3.1.1) (sig)
- Bzipped source tar ball (3.1.1) (sig)
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.1.1) (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.1.1)  (sig)
- Mac Installer disk image (3.1.1) (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Benjamin Peterson's key (fingerprint: 12EF 3DC3 8047 DA38 2D18 A5B9 99CD EA9D A413 5B38). The Windows installers are signed with Martin von Löwis' public key which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
f1317dbb2398374d6691edd5bff1b91d 11525876 python-3.1.1.tgz d1ddd9f16e3c6a51c7208f33518cd674 9510105 python-3.1.1.tar.bz2 d31e3e91c2ddd3e5ea7c40abe436917e 14130176 python-3.1.1.amd64.msi e05a6134b920ae86f0e33b8a43a801b3 13737984 python-3.1.1.msi 9c7f85cc7fb5a2fa533d338c88229633 17148746 python-3.1.1.dmg
|||The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|