Community Events Manager
We are currently a small organization and we are looking for great employees who can grow with us. While the PSF has busy parts of the year, we offer PTO, summer Fridays, and holidays. Rest and renewal makes us all our best selves both at home and at work.
The PSF seeks a full-time employee to work on PyCon US, the largest annual gathering of the Python community. This position will also support smaller community events and meetings throughout the year. This year’s event will be a masked event and require COVID-19 vaccine verification for attendees.
- Co-lead planning and support for our annual flagship professional event, PyCon US
- Manage onsite logistics, including communication with onsite vendors and expo floor design
- Manage vendor relationships, including soliciting quotes, negotiating prices and services and communicating about ongoing needs
- Work with AV team, food and beverage staff, and hotel contacts to ensure a great conference experience
- Manage all attendee registration and signage
- Communicate with various stakeholders; attendees, speakers, and volunteers
- Support sponsor needs and benefit fulfillment both onsite and in advance
- Year-round administrative support for smaller internal meetings and developer sprints plus managing our sponsorship of other community events
- Work onsite once a year ~2 weeks on location plus possible location scouting or vendor visits 4-6 times per year
- Strong project management ability
- Ability to delegate properly and be able to prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience with event registration systems
- Strong computer proficiency skills and ability to learn new programs
- Comfortable collaborating as part of a remote team (Slack, Google docs/sheets)
- Ability to work independently while being able to be a good team member
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and ask for help when things are busy
- Comfortable working on an event-planning deadline
- Comfortable interacting with diverse contributors in many different countries, with widely varying backgrounds
- 3 to 4 years of experience with managing professional events of comparable scale/structure
- Experience with vendor management and conference organizing strongly preferred
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience with project management tools, like Asana and Trello
- Familiarity with the global open source community
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
We are seeking a full-time employee who will focus on supporting our annual flagship event and the year-round community of volunteers, vendors, and other stakeholders that make up the Python community. The ability and willingness to travel annually to PyCon US is required for this position. The PSF is a fully remote and distributed team and welcomes applications from any location in the US (we cannot sponsor visas or accept applications from outside the US for this role). This position will report to the Program Director.
Salary range: $65,000-80,000K (depending on experience). Benefits package includes potential annual bonus, retirement plan including employer 401K contributions, health insurance/ dental/vision insurance (premiums largely subsidized by the PSF), FSA, and generous holiday/PTO plan including summer Fridays.
The call for resumes will be open until November 30th, 2022. To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, attach your resume and cover letters as PDFs along with two writing samples of any type, digital or PDF.
We believe that the future of open source must include everyone. We welcome all job-seekers regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical appearance, body size, socio-economic, veteran or disability status. Python is a global community and the PSF aims to support a safe environment for all. More information can be found on our Code of Conduct page.