Ftp availability: ftp.cwi.nl:/pub/python; read the file INDEX for
details. Files with "0.9.9" in them are obvious candidates for
retrieval :-). There is also a Mac binary (no time to add the cute
"16 tons" icon alas). I'm afraid there's no MS-DOS binary yet.
* __init__ and __del__ methods to initialize and destroy class
* more command line options, better usage message
* no need to use \ for continuation lines within matching brackets
* improved python-mode.el for Emacs
* sprintf-like functionality using 'formatstring' % (var1, var2, ...)
* dictionary keys can be other types than strings
* array data type (mutable sequence of fixed-size numbers)
* C-like functions for time conversions in module time: localtime,
asctime, mktime etc.
* Support for creating stand-alone executable binaries from Python
CAVEAT: I will be away for 7 weeks starting August 2; problems with
the distribution are best discussed on the mailing list.
--Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam <Guido.van.Rossum@cwi.nl>