[xml-sig] ImportError: No module named ext.reader

Rachel Cavill rachel.cavill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:39:13 CEST 2011

Dear all,
I'm a bit of a newbie at using web services, and so I installed PyXML (0.84)
and ZSI (2.0) ontop of my Python install (2.5).  When I try to use the web
service I was interested in, I get an error saying ImportError: No module
named ext.reader.  So I double checked the install of Pyxml.  From the
interactive python prompt I find that if I try to import the module xml.sax
from pyxml it works fine, whereas if I try to import xml.dom.ext.reader (or
any shorter variant thereof), I get the above error again.
It seems rather strange that I have access to some of the modules from pyxml
and not others, any ideas what's going on?  Or things I could try to trace
the error?
Thanks
Rachel