[XML-SIG] Parsing XML file with Minidom has problem with cr/lf

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 11 09:14:59 CEST 2010

>> The correct way to parse XML files is as binary data.
>
> Why do you think so?
>
> The default "minidom" parser seems not to expect "\r\n" line endings....

Why do you say that? It expects them just fine, replacing them with \n
line endings, then inserting those into the DOM tree. Just as it should.
I believe the OP was complaining that it creates those text nodes in
the first place, not that it does or does not specifically do that for
\r\n line endings.

Regards,
Martin