[XML-SIG] Status of pyxml development

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Fri Oct 23 02:06:07 CEST 2009

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Nicolas Delaby wrote:
> > I would like to know what is the status of pyxml ? I saw on sourceforge
> > that it is no longer maintained but i want to have a confirmation.
>
> The sourceforge site has been stating the truth for a while now.

True, but at the moment, only the project page says that.
<http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/> and
<http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/> are the top 2 Google hits for "pyxml"
and don't mention anything about it. In fact the former seems to have recently
gone missing. Did I miss an announcement of its retirement? It used to look
like this: <http://web.archive.org/web/20080429132440/http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/>

I suggest restoring something (anything) to
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxml/> to say what the PyXML project is,
that it's no longer maintained, and to link to the other sites, if not also to
say that a new maintainer would be welcomed despite the declining usefulness
of the package.

I also suggest putting a "PyXML is no longer maintained" on the old topics
subpage.

Mike