[XML-SIG] Status of pyxml development

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Oct 21 19:31:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

Nicolas Delaby wrote:
> I would like to know what is the status of pyxml ? I saw on sourceforge
> that it is no longer maintained but i want to have a confirmation.

The sourceforge site has been stating the truth for a while now.

> So i'm using a interesting module of the pyxml library: the Marshaller.
> I played a bit with and find some weakness like non support of namespaces.
>
> I reimplemented it with lxml (may be its a troll in this mailing-list,
> sorry in advance) with full support of namespaces.
>
> How can i contribute ? do i need to fork this code ?

I think the best way to have people use your code is to put it into a new
package and put it up on PyPI. If it keeps up compatibility with the PyXML
marshaller, the better. That will allow users of the marshaller package
(however many there may be left) to easily migrate to your package.

Stefan