[XML-SIG] How do I test PyXML

Jero Maze jmaze at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 25 01:22:02 CET 2008

To whom it may concern,

I'm trying to use the extension for "Inkscape", "textext" which needs
"PyXML". I've been  trying to install PyXML and then uses "textext"
without success so I don't know if I'm installing PyXML correctly.

My OS is Mac OS X version 10.5.2

When I run "python regrtest.py" I got the message below (this might be
helpful)

Sincerely,
Jero

test_c14n
test test_c14n skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_dom
test test_dom skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_domreg
test_encodings
test_expatreader
test test_expatreader failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Applications/MyApplications/PyXML-0.8.4/test/test_expatreader.py",
line 21, in setUp
    self.parser.setFeature(handler.feature_namespace_prefixes, 1)
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/xml/sax/expatreader.py",
line 157, in setFeature
    "expat does not report namespace prefixes")
SAXNotSupportedException: expat does not report namespace prefixes

test_filter
test test_filter failed -- Writing: u'<?xml version="1.0"
test_howto
test test_howto crashed -- <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> : 'module'
object has no attribute 'DefaultHandler'
test_htmlb
test test_htmlb skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_javadom
test test_javadom skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_marshal
test test_marshal skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_minidom
test test_minidom failed -- Writing: 'Test Failed: ', expected: ''
test_ns
test test_ns skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_pyexpat
test_sax
test test_sax skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_sax2
test test_sax2 skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_sax2_xmlproc
test_sax_xmlproc
test test_sax_xmlproc skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_saxdrivers
test test_saxdrivers skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_utils
test test_utils skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_xmlbuilder
test test_xmlbuilder failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for
details
test_xmlproc
test test_xmlproc skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
4 tests OK.
5 tests failed: test_expatreader test_filter test_howto test_minidom
test_xmlbuilder
12 tests skipped: test_c14n test_dom test_htmlb test_javadom
test_marshal test_ns test_sax test_sax2 test_sax_xmlproc test_saxdrivers
test_utils test_xmlproc