[XML-SIG] PyXML for py 2.5

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Feb 13 14:07:19 CET 2008

Kevin Cole wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 12:47 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>
>> That may be so, but if validation is just an
>>
>>     easy_install lxml
>>
>> and an updated import line away, I don't think that makes it that much
>> less suited for the "premier language".
>
> An slightly off-topic rant: I've come to really detest the so-called
> "easy_install" as so many eggs appear to put files wherever they feel
> like on the system.

That's definitely off-topic here, as lxml does not easy_install anything
outside the Python site-packages directory (i.e. outside the one egg
directory that easy_install creates). Actually, most Python eggs I have
come across behave that way, as most of them were library packages, not
applications.

Stefan