[XML-SIG] python-xml unsupported?

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Mon Feb 11 05:31:33 CET 2008

According to http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/xml-sig/
"While Python includes basic XML processing capabilities, the goal of
this SIG is to make Python become //the// premier language for XML
processing. The SIG, through the mailing list
<http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/> and the PyXML
<http://pyxml.sf.net> project hosted on SourceForge <http://www.sf.net>,
is helping to decide what software is required for this purpose, and
coordinate its implementation and documentation."  When I follow the
link to the SourceForge project, the first thing I see is " PyXML is no
longer maintained."  So does this mean that the SIG expects Python to
become "/the/ premier language for XML processing" without support for
validating XML documents?

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com