[XML-SIG] Learning XML processing with Python

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Mon Aug 11 15:42:44 CEST 2008

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> I don't know what you call the "predecessor" of lxml here. In case you meant
> PyXML, there is no link between the two at all ....

I am referring to PyXML, which was the package formerly recommended by
the SIG which is currently recommending lxml (and which still recommends
PyXML on its home page).  I am very appreciative of the work which has
gone into lxml, but I would prefer that it (or at least its support for
validation, on which our projects depend) be part of the standard Python
library, which would be as good a guarantee as we could reasonably
expect that it won't share the same fate as PyXML, for which maintenance
silently evaporated.  If you truly have no idea what I'm talking about,
I won't waste any more of your time or mine.

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com
mailto:bkline at rksystems.com