[XML-SIG] which python SOAP framework?

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:46:48 CEST 2007

On 9/20/07, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:
> At a time (things may have changed), I had a lot of problems with ZSI
> and SOAPpy worked better, especially for typing.
>
> A few notes are:
>
> http://www.python.org/about/success/suzanne/

 SOAPpy was a bit easier to use.  I can't remember specifically what
pushed me from SOAPpy to ZSI -- it may have just been the maintenance
piece.  I had been trying to do SOAP over XMPP, and both libraries
were very tied to HTTP.  Another issue is both do not follow the
latest SOAP specs, so if you are trying to integrate with SOAP web
services written in java or .NET, you are likely to run into problems
because they'll speak 1.2, and you'll be on 1.1, etc.

The whole thing soured me on SOAP, really.  SOAP is very complicated,
keeps changing incompatibly, and doesn't work well with python.

--
Andrew Diederich