[XML-SIG] which python SOAP framework?

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:53:48 CEST 2007

On 9/19/07, John Holme <john.holme at homegain.com> wrote:

> I need to pick a SOAP toolkit to use for accessing Google's AdWords API. The
> Google docs suggest SOAPy, but it seems like there are some more recent
> entries in the python soap toolkit category. What do the user's of this list
> suggest?

SOAPy is unmaintained.  ZSI (http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/) is a
companion SOAP toolkit which was having a bit of a resurgence six
months ago; I don't know the current status.  It relied on pyxml,
which is completely unmaintained.  This made it very hard to use on
windows, especially with python 2.5.

I think turbo gears has a SOAP piece you can use, but I haven't tried it.

--
Andrew Diederich