[XML-SIG] Newbie XML/SAX Parsing questions

Debajit Adhikary debajit at debajit.com
Tue May 22 10:59:11 CEST 2007

I'm new to Python, and am writing an XML parser for RSS feeds. I'd like to
have a few things cleared up:

* Is PyXML a part of the standard Python distribution?
* How can I parse entity references like in the following code:

<pre>
    &gt;abc&lt;
</pre>

Could anyone give me any code examples for this?

* Is 4suite (4suite.org) better than the XML libraries that are built-in to
Python?

* How can I install the sax2exts package?

I'm using the following code:

    parser = make_parser()
    saxRssParser = SaxRssParser() # implementation
    parser.setContentHandler(saxRssParser)
    parser.setProperty(handler.property_lexical_handler, saxRssParser) # For
cdata etc