[XML-SIG] problem parsing msproject xml

Dan Trevino dantrevino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:53:05 CEST 2007

I'm trying to parse project xml.  The main thing i'm trying to get at
is the task name, which is basically in this structure:
<Task>
  <UID>1</UID>
  <Name>do step 1</Name>    <-- i want the text from here
</Task>
<Resource>
  <Name>John Doe</Name>
</Resource>

I'm having difficulty figuring out which methods to use to access the
data.  I cant get to "Name" directly because it is used also for
project resources....so I need the task name specifically.  Where do I
go from here:

==============================
>>> prjdoc = minidom.parse('prj.xml')
>>> tasklist = prjdoc.getElementsByTagName("Task")
>>> for task in tasklist:
...     taskname = task.getElementsByTagName('Name')
...     print taskname
[]
[<DOM Element: Name at 0x5e89a08>]
[<DOM Element: Name at 0x5e99ad0>]