[XML-SIG] Installing PyXML problems

Liam Childs Childs at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Thu Aug 30 13:33:38 CEST 2007

To whom it may concern,

I'm getting the following error when trying to install PyXML after running "python setup.py install":

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

1.      I am using Python 2.5 and there are no binaries available for it so I downloaded PyXML-0.8.4.tar.gz.
2.      I extracted it to its own directory.
3.      I ran "python setup.py build" and got the above error.
4.      I ran "python setup.py build -c mingw32" and it ran without any problems.
5.      I ran "python setup.py install" and got the above error.
6.      I ran "python setup.py install -c mingw32" and still got the above error.

I've also tried ZSI-2.0-py2.5.egg, but it turns up the same error message.

I do have cygwin installed and the gcc option was selected. The binaries are accessible through PATH.
I'm using Python 2.5.1.
I'm running Microsoft Windows XP Professional
I am installing this package as a requirement for SOAPpy or ZSI

Regards,
Liam