[XML-SIG] SAX2 and PyXML -- any actual complete implementations?

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Tue Jun 13 23:52:08 CEST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> > Expat 2.0.0, released in January, supports validation.
>
> It does?  The only reference to validation in the Expat 2.0 docs seems to be a link
> to the W3 HTML validator...  what am I missing ?

I was confused and misspoke. Expat is non-validating.

However, Jeremy Kloth added native validation support to Domlette in 4Suite
(which uses Expat), and removed support for validating via xmlproc.  IIRC (and
I'm not sure I do) there was something recently fixed in Expat that made this
practical, perhaps related to DTD parsing? I don't remember.  jkloth will need
to comment.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for pointing out my error.