[XML-SIG] Does PyXML support validating with schemas

Ankit Rastogi mr_ankit_rastogi at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 05:52:55 CET 2006

  PyXml itself doesn't  provide schema support. There are some other packages availaible which can be installed with pyxml for schema support.  Have a look to it:

  - XSV: currently in progress, and provides XML schema Part 1: Structures.
 Dependent on some other pacakage PyLTXML(http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html)
 LTXML (http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/software/xml/)

- minixsv: http://www.leuthe.homepage.t-online.de/minixsv/minixsv_overview.html

  Or you can go with some other package instead of pyXml:
  - libxml2  which has nice schema  support (http://xmlsoft.org/index.html).

  --
  Regards
  Ankit Rastogi

"Vines, John (Civ, ARL/CISD)" <jvines at arl.army.mil> wrote:
      I'm new to PyXML and have a question with regards to validating a document using a schema as opposed to using a DTD.  Does the validating parser in xmlproc support validating with schemas?
  If so could you point me in the direction of some examples?
  Thanks in advance,
  John Vines
ARL MSRC
HPCD, CSEB