[XML-SIG] problem in ElementTree SubElement

Dan Gunter dkgunter at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 8 05:13:49 CET 2006

Right, in general XML processors don't care about attribute order (I
don't know much about canonicalization but that does sound like the
obvious exception). The XML Infoset specifically says they are an
unordered set: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.element ; so,
if you care about order, rather than canonicalizing everything, maybe
you should switch to using elements, e.g.

-Dan