[XML-SIG] RELAX NG and Python

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 14:39:56 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:51:17AM +0000, Jonathan Cooper wrote:
> Using the libxml2 module directly says that the file is invalid (curious,
> since jing says it's valid when using the same schema, and it looks fine
> to me).  Trying to find out which element 'fails' is tricky, since
> calling LineNumber() on the xmlTextReaderLocator object passed to my
> error handler causes a segfault :(

  Ranting here about libxml2 is fine, but is garanteed to have no effect
whatsoever.

  If you have bugs to reports, that's the way:
    http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html
I didn't know locator were even provided at the Python level I have no idea
what you did.
Using the reader to validate RNG may introduce difficulties.
What does xmllint --relaxng foo.rng foo.xml says ?

  And don't report this here, either on bugzilla or on the libxml2
mailing-list, follow the steps explained on that page if you want to see
progresses.

Daniel