[XML-SIG] xml.dom won't traverse the whole XML tree

Uche Ogbuji Uche.Ogbuji at fourthought.com
Sat May 21 17:41:10 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 10:54 +0200, Alexandre CONRAD wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found out that this problem comes from a possible bad version of
> pyxml. I was using the standard python + xml package comming with RH9. I
> tryied the script on my windows machine and it worked. So I've installed
> PyXML 0.8.4, and it works fine now...
>
> Humpf... I thought my syntax was wrong. I was getting crazy...

Sorry it took me a while to get to this thread, but are you really sure
you want to be using 4DOM?  It offers the worst performance of all
options, I think.

Why not consider using minidom?  You can do a lot of the node filter
type stuff using techniques such as I explore here:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/08/py-xml.html

Of course, I also encourage you to try Domlette from 4Suite, which is
pretty comfy to any DOM users, but is also very fast and offers full
XPath support (which should also eliminate the NodeFilter cruft, in case
generators bend your brain).

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com