[XML-SIG] Re: XML for scientific data storage and search

Ping Yeh ping at pingyeh.net
Fri Jan 14 03:34:02 CET 2005

That's true.  I'm willing to trade some speed for language neutrality.
But after some study it seems the speed is really toooooooo slow...
One big reason is that with DOM and SAX the whole data tree has to
be built before I can do anything with the data.  Pull DOM is my
hope of using smaller memory footprint to reduce memory allocation
overheads in python.

I may be forced to use binary format if I can't find better performance.
I'm reluctant to do that because the type and amount of data my experiment
will produce is not yet known exactly and adding flexibility to binary
format is painful.

Ping