[XML-SIG] Trouble installing PyXML-0.8.4

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 8 00:49:27 CET 2005

Nathan Given wrote:
> ebiz:/usr/local/include:! > ls -l | grep python
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root       sys           2048 Jan  6 15:05 python/
> drwxr-xr-x   2 swliddle   deg           2048 Sep  9  2002 python2.2/
> ebiz:/usr/local/include:! >
>
> I can't seem to figure it out... I guess it thinks python is in
> /usr/local/include/python2.3... but it doesn't appear like that
> directory exists.
>
> Any ideas?

There is something wrong with your Python installation. The include
directory is supposed to be called /usr/local/include/python2.3,
not /usr/local/include/python. It might be that your sysadmin has
messed with the installation, renaming the directory. Please ask
her to undo this change.

Regards,
Martin