[XML-SIG] LIBXML2DOM PROBLEM

Ankit Rastogi mr_ankit_rastogi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 11:44:07 CET 2005

Hi All,
     I am using libxml2dom for DOM support in libxml2. There are some test examples in the package itself. but when I try to run those sample examples, I face following error:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "namespaces.py", line 23, in ?
    document = libxml2dom.parse("test_ns.xml")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2dom/__init__.py", line 472, in parse
    return parseFile(stream_or_string, html)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2dom/__init__.py", line 484, in parseFile
    return Document(Node_parseFile(filename, html))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2dom/macrolib/macrolib.py", line 431, in parseFile
    libxml2mod.xmlCtxtUseOptions(context, XML_PARSE_NOERROR | XML_PARSE_NOWARNING | XML_PARSE_NONET)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'xmlCtxtUseOptions'

  This error comes in all those parts where libxml2dom.parse() is called.
  Please let me know what the problem can be. and what is its solution. Where I am wrong?