[XML-SIG] automatically building Python data structures from DOM trees?

Han-Wen Nienhuys hanwen at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 3 00:42:37 CET 2005

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> Thanks, Luis.
>
> Yep, and 'bar.bla[1].id == "2"' would work out of the box with Amara.
>
> One question, Han-Wen, do you have to use minidom as the source, or can
> you go from straight XML?  Just seems unnecessary to parse to minidom
> and then bind.

No, but I'd like to have the source as a complete, in-memory tree. I
thought that DOM was just a word for such a tree. I'm a complete XML
newbie.

For the moment, I have concocted something simple with new.classobj() -
if I need anything more complex, I suppose that I'll have a look  at Amara.

--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwen at xs4all.nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen