[XML-SIG] prepare_input_source and relative path

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Fri Apr 8 08:56:23 CEST 2005

Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> after some times working on other stuff, I've remembered that I had
> still the prepare_input_source patch pending. I've joined to this
> message the patch as it is now, and it's well working for me. I'll
> check it in in the next few days if no one objects.

I still have not had time to review and test your changes, and don't
anticipate being able to do it anytime soon. :/

I would just be happy to know that in PyXML,

(1) OS-specific file system paths or relative URI references
    are never used as base URIs; only absolute URIs are
    (and they can be derived from what is given, in some cases)

and

(2) resolution of a relative URI reference to absolute form
    is carried out in accordance with RFC 3986 -- e.g.,
    via Absolutize() in Uri.py.

Anything else, like the details of OS path <-> URI conversion, improvements to
percent-encoding/decoding, better str vs unicode handling, IDN support, etc.
is lower priority.

One thing you should do is compare your Uri.py against the current one. We've
made a number of changes since February, and some of them are important:
http://cvs.4suite.org/viewcvs/4Suite/Ft/Lib/Uri.py?r1=1.98&r2=1.89

> PS: i'm not sure I should checkin the test_Uri.py file since it depends
> on Ft test tools, and I've no time to backport it to use unittest only.

I wouldn't worry about it, in this case.