[XML-SIG] Generating XHTML with XSLT using the libxml2/libxsltbindings

thsutton at postoffice.utas.edu.au thsutton at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Thu Sep 23 13:56:33 CEST 2004

>> We need to both include script text within the output document and
>> `include' external JS files (using an src attribute or whatever). For
>> some reason, we just can't get it to work (in a browser) without
>> removing the doctype-public and doctype-system attributes from
>> <xsl:output>. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>  It does it because the spec suggests it:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.8
Wa that really intended as a general purpose suggestions? In any case,
when this is done, we have strange problem occur (i.e. the browser
doesn't appear to use the script) and I have been unable to find the
appropriate information with google.

>> Also: for some reason the XSLT processor modifies the content attribute
>> of a <meta> element (that is specified in the XSLT):
>> if turned into:
>> How do I make it stop and why is it doing it?
>
>  That's also what the spec suggests:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_4
>but I agree overriding the content type is problematic, it should just fix
>the charset, that should be fixed.
>  Anyway proper place to discuss this and report libxml2 bugs is not this
>list, see http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html

The main reason I asked here is that I am trying to do XSL
transformations from Python. I see libxml2 and libxslt as being
incidental in that, had we not run into problems with 4Suite, we
[probably] wouldn't be using them. I shall though, join the appropriate
libxml2 and libxslt list/s and pose my questions there.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Thomas Sutton