[XML-SIG] Experiences with XML signing and encryption?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Sun Sep 12 07:00:29 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 22:58, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We are about to start working on a project that will involve having to
> do some (correctly implemented) XML signing and encryption work. I do
> not have any real experience with Python libraries for doing this.
>
> Can anybody share some real-world war stories about doing this sort of
> thing in Python? My normal method -- find one of Uche's articles where
> he has written about this -- does not seem to be working this time.

Sorry, the closest I've come to the topic is c14n.

> My "if all else fails" plan is to use the xmlsec library (on top of
> libxml2) and write Python bindings if needs be, since I quite like the
> library. But I would rather use something with proven bindings if
> possible.

Doesn't libxml2's xmlsec lib already have Python bindings?  I thought
the whole library was wrapped?

Meet me at XMLOpen Sept 21-23 2004, Cambridge, UK.  http://xmlopen.org

A hands-on introduction to ISO Schematron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-xschematron-i.html
Wrestling HTML (using Python) - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/09/08/pyxml.html