[XML-SIG] Re: XML Malform

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Sep 1 18:26:52 CEST 2004

Pieter Smits wrote:

> Other users using the same server as we pull the data off don't have the problem; but they
> are not using Python...
>
> Obviously Python can't use this mallformed data. I have an idea it has something to do with
> the http connector or so but are really in the dark what.
>
> Anybody any ideas what it can be and how to resolve it?

are those numbers authentic, or did you just make some 4-digit numbers up?
it could be HTTP chunking, in which case the server splits the response up in
parts, each of which is preceeded by the part size in bytes, where the size is
given as a hexadecimal number.  for details, see:

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.6.1

what library are you using to talk to the server?

</F>