[XML-SIG] Change in reporting of CDATA sections

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Tue May 18 12:48:16 EDT 2004

We recently upgraded our servers from Python 2.2 to Python 2.3, and we
noticed a change in the way xml.dom.minidom returns CDATA sections.  In
2.2 the parser returned CDATA sections as TEXT_NODE objects.  In 2.3
this changed to CDATA_SECTION_NODE.  Could someone direct us to any
online discussion behind the decision to make this change?  We've look
back through the subject lines for the last few months' worth of
messages for this mailing list (unfortunately there doesn't appear to be
a search interface), but didn't see anything.

Thanks!

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline at rksystems.com