[XML-SIG] Extracting info from XHTML with Xpath

Tim Wilson wilson at visi.com
Wed Mar 24 16:58:07 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be teaching a course on building Web pages with Web standards
and I thought it would be fun to show a little demo of a python script that
could extract information from an XHTML document. I found Simon Willison's
description of using Xpath and Python, but I haven't had any luck getting an
Xpath expression that works.

I've got a Web page at

http://www.hopkins.k12.mn.us/Pages/district/special/pq/timelytopics.html

that lists a bunch of upcoming tech classes in our school district. I'd like
to extract the coursetitles and dates.

Would anyone be willing to have a quick look at the source for that page and
suggest a way to address the <h3 class="coursetitle"> and <p class="date">
information?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson