[XML-SIG] Python bindings for Berkeley DB XML

Matt Patterson matt at reprocessed.org
Mon Jan 19 11:11:50 EST 2004

Hello,

I've just built and installed all the bits for DB XML, except the
Python bindings. Mindful of the report at the DB XML blog about Python
2.3 ( http://www.merrells.com/john/dbxml/archives/cat_faq.html#000228 )
problems, with clashes with the installed bsddb module and DB 4.1.

I've tried installing pybsddb3 but I get

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

when I try to run its test.py

Has anyone managed to successfully install DB XML and the python
bindings on Python 2.3.3 with DB XML 1.2 and DB 4.2.52 (on OS X would
be even better!) and if so, how did they do it?

Thanks,

Matt