[XML-SIG] XBEL (dis-)continued?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Dec 22 00:37:02 CET 2004

Christian Junk wrote:
> So, is there anyone out there who still works on XBEL or is willing to restart
> the work on it? Do you think there actually is a need to extend and/or
> enhance XBEL 1.0?

I think this list should still work as a discussion place for XBEL. The
important point of XBEL is still *exchange*, so I think we should follow
a careful process, working towards XBEL 1.2.

One such process could be:
- collect issues with the current XBEL DTD.
- propose modifications for XBEL (*not* calling it XBEL 1.2 at that
   time)
- contact XBEL implementors about such proposed changes, and their
   opinion about it.

I have just added an XBEL tracker at

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=707658&group_id=6473&func=browse

where people should collect issues about XBEL they find.

Depending on the feedback we get, we can then setup a schedule for
releasing new revisions of XBEL.

Regards,
Martin