[XML-SIG] ANN: XMLBuilder 1.0

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 03:16:59 CEST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:35:50 -0600, Uche Ogbuji
<uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com> wrote:
> So out of curiousity, do people really prefer this sort of thing to the
> (IMHO more straightforward) foo.createElement() type APIs available in
> many other Python packages?

Let's not argue what's more straightforward or not -- I don't mind a
DOM-type API if I'm parsing XML, but when I'm creating it from
scratch, it's kind-of a pain.

That said, XMLBuilder hasn't been used in the real-world, though I
have a couple of products that I might plug it into and see how it
holds up.  It was mostly an experiment on my part -- seeing a cool
idea in one language and taking that concept into Python.

> Side note, folks looking to generate XML may want to glance at
>
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/11/13/py-xml.html
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/10/15/py-xml.html
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/04/09/py-xml.html
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/11/12/py-xml.html

All good stuff.

> I shall give XMLBuilder the customary plug in my next column.  Thanks
> for the effort.

Thanks!

--
Mike Hostetler