[XML-SIG] favicon in XBEL

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Mon Aug 9 20:42:37 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 13:27, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> On Friday 30 July 2004 09:15 am, Ahmad Gharbeia wrote:
>  > Storing and handling book marks in a cross platform/browser format has
>  > been a long time interest for me. Only when I started thinking of
>  > undertaking the task myself in XML that I found your work, which I greatly
>  > admire.
>
> Thanks!
>
>  > Allow me to bring one suggestion to your attention:
>  > Why not add the ability to store an encoded 'favicon', or a URI to it in a
>  > <bookmark> element?
>
> This has been discussed before, and is of interest to the Konqueror crew as
> well.  I'll have to dig back in my archives to see what was said.

To me, this should be something users handle through extensibility.  I
don't think favicon is important enough for the XBEL core.

Decomposition, Process, Recomposition - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/07/28/py-xml.html
Perspective on XML: Steady steps spell success with Google - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=9663
Managing XML libraries - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=9160
Commentary on "Objects. Encapsulation. XML?" - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=9090