[XML-SIG] value error when parsing XML

Andrew Clover and-xml at doxdesk.com
Tue Aug 3 07:53:23 CEST 2004

Ajay Brar <abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

> i get a value error when parsing an xml file.

With what are you parsing the XML file?

> can someone please tell me how i can workaround this problem.

Do you really need the .dtd? If you don't need default attribute values
or entities from the DTD external subset, you are best off using a
simple non-validating, non-external-entity-reading parser.

Otherwise, depending on what you are using to parse the XML file, you
may have to give it an absolute URI to tell it where the resource is
supposed to be located, so that it can work out where, exactly, relative
URLs are relative to - relative URIs should be relative to the XML file
that used them, *not* your OS's current working directory.

If the relative URI given in the <!DOCTYPE> is actually wrong (ie. it
points to a non-existant path), you'd have to use an entity resolver to
redirect it elsewhere. (With SAX you'd use resolveEntity; with DOM3LS
you'd use an LSResourceResolver.)

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com