[XML-SIG] Re: PyXML 0.8.3 problem on windows...

Radovan Chytracek Radovan.Chytracek at cern.ch
Tue Sep 30 03:11:32 EDT 2003

Hi,

       is anybody able to use xml.sax.saxtils.XMLFilter class with
something else then default parser returned by make_parser() call?

I tried various parsers like:

 whateverone = xml.sax.make_parser( "xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc" )

 or

 whateverone = xml.sax.make_parser( "xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc_val" )

or anything what makes sense and exists, in the Windows PyXML 0.8.3
distribution.

I made work only the pyexpat with XMLFilters. With the others there is
always an exception raised about missing setContentHandler attribute
which is confusing me. Does it return the raw parser or full featured
XMLReader which can talk all the standard SAX interfaces? I have read
xml-ref and xml-howto but these are too brief and do not explain
anything about this practice. I found only some bits here and there how
to ask for a specific implementation. Do I miss some more steps needed
to make it work?

Cheers

           Radovan