[XML-SIG] pyxml install troubles

Henrik Nielsen hnielsen at alf.nbi.dk
Thu Sep 18 07:56:49 EDT 2003

Hi there,

sorry if this ends up the wrong place, but the README of PyXML 0.8.3
directs me to this address in case of installation problems, and that is
exactly what I have run into...

I'm running Mandrake 9.2RC2 which installs Python 2.3 by rpm. When
downloading the PyXML.tar.gz package and running
 python setup.py build
as root, the install fails with the message
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

I checked around on my system and "/usr/lib/python2.3/config/" does not
exist ("/usr/lib/python2.3/" does).

I'm know very little of python, to tell you the truth I'm really only
installing PyXML to get xbel running, therefore I haven't tried messing
around with my Python setup (yet) :)

Could you please suggest any solution to this problem?

--
 kind regards
 Henrik