[XML-SIG] Relax NG tools written in Python?

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sat Sep 13 17:12:03 EDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 10:01:12PM +0100, Simon Willison wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a recent covnert to Relax NG, thanks mainly to Tim Bray's
> demonstration of a Relax NG schema for the new Atom syndication format:
>
> http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/07/09/PieSchema01
>
> My blog entry: http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2003/07/10/compactSchemas
>
> Are there any good Python tools for processing Relax NG? I'm
> particularly interested in tools that can parse Relax NG's compact
> syntax. If nothing exists already, does anyone know of a project to
> implement such a thing?

  I provide a Relax-NG implemeantation as part of libxml2 python bindings.
When I started the RNG implementation I looked at a pure implementation
done in Python (found via google) but it implemented James Clark derivation
algorithm without merging the trees which led to exponential memory usage
and processing time, i.e. not usable except for very small examples.
  Libxml2 doesn't handle the compact syntax directly, you can still
use trang to expand them to the XML version.

Daniel