[XML-SIG] pyxml0.8.3/minidom/getElementById still broken???

Andrew Clover and-xml at doxdesk.com
Wed Oct 15 08:46:05 EDT 2003

Petri Savolainen <petri.savolainen at iki.fi> wrote:

> Information at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/compliance.html claims it
> is fixed in this version. The same document seems to say a version of
> minidom that comes with python2.3 (running that) also works.

Works for me. I haven't tried all possible testcases, but this is okay:

  from xml.dom import minidom
  content= '<!DOCTYPE x [<!ATTLIST x a ID #IMPLIED>]><x a="b"/>'
  doc= minidom.parseString(content)
  doc.getElementById('b')

- resulting in element <x>.

If the IDness of the attribute concerned is declared in the external subset,
minidom won't use that as it's a non-validating, non-external-entity-reading
DOM implementation.

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com