[XML-SIG] Choice of XML packages

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 18 07:11:29 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 06:53:41PM +0800, Derek Fountain wrote:

> This is the bit I'm still not quite clear on. PyXML still carries xml.xslt and
> xml.xpath, which, you say, are obsolete. Fine. So, if I want to work with
> XPATH and XSLT (which I do, especially XPATH) what are my choices?

If you want to use XSLT, forget pyxml: xml.xslt is broken and does not
work. xml.xpath on the other hands works pretty well with 4DOM and
minidom (which are part of pyxml).

There's no need to worry about namespace clashes, because 4Suites module
live in the Ft package.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).