[XML-SIG] Problem PyXML installation

Samir Badaoui sbadaoui at uni-select.com
Tue Nov 4 10:21:22 EST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to install PyXML-0.8.1 under my AIX 4.3.3 box.
I have installed the binary distribution of Python2.2
I downloaded the source distribution of PyXML-0.8.1
I compiled it successfully with the command 'python setup.py build'
But when I want to install it with 'python setup.py install' command, I get
the following error :
 -------------
 distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation:
unable to
 open /opt/freeware/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile (No such file or
directory)
 ------------

Effectively, I don't have the Makefile in my python2.2/config directory.

Can you please Help me with this ??

Thanks in advance

Samir Badaoui
Database Administrator